marethomas

Slitsread

1/3 CEO of Slitsread

Avid reader of M/M genre. Don't ask me to read M/F unless I love the author!

Mother of 2 kids that drive me freaking crazy BUT I would die without them!

Fated
Indra Vaughn
Sins of Omission
B. Makewood
Fallocaust
Quil Carter
Progress: 10 %
The Sea of Tranquility - Katja Millay 10 EMOTIONALLY GUTTING, ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, FUCKING AMAZING STARS

I CAN'T REVIEW THIS BOOK...... I AM EMOTIONALLY WRECKED

description

“People like to say love is unconditional, but it's not, and even if it was unconditional, it's still never free. There's always an expectation attached. They always want something in return. Like they want you to be happy or whatever and that makes you automatically responsible for their happiness because they won't be happy unless you are ... I just don't want that responsibility.”

There is not one part of this book that I.DIDN'T.LOVE

“I wished my mother was here tonight, which is stupid, because it’s an impossible wish.” He shrugs and turns to me, drowning the smile that cracks me every time.
“It’s not stupid to want to see her again.”
“It wasn’t so much that I wanted to see her again,” he says, looking at me with the depth of more than seventeen years in his eyes. “I wanted her to see you.”

“What’d you wish?”
“I can’t tell you that!” I say indignantly.
“Why not?”
“Because it won’t come true.” Do I really need to say this? I’m pretty sure it’s a given in wish situations.
“Bullshit.”
“It’s the rule,” I insist.
“It’s only the rule with birthday cakes and shooting stars, not pennies in fountains.”

Josh.... my God... you fucking GUTTED me EACH AND EVERY TIME

“Maybe one day you'll come back. Maybe you never will and that'll suck, but you can't keep doing this. The blame and the self-loathing and the bullshit. I can't watch that. It makes me hate you for hating yourself. I don't want to lose you. But I'd rather lose you if it means you'll be happy. I think if you come back with me today, you'll never be okay. And I'll never be okay if you aren't. I need to know that there's a way for people like us to end up okay. I need to know that there even is such a thing as okay, maybe even good, and it's out there and we just haven't found it yet. There's got to be a happier ending than this, here. There's got to be a better story. Because we deserve one. You deserve one. Even if it doesn't end with you coming back to me.”

Emila/Nastya/

description

MY ABOSOLUTE FAVOURITE PART OF THIS BOOK... GOOSEBUMPS AND TEARS... GOD GOD GOD... I AM DONE FOR

“And if my Sea od Tranquility were real, it would be this place, here, with him.
I don't say anything right away, because I just want one minute to look at him before I give him my last secret.
And then I tell him.